10:00 28th Jul, 2015
Lava Pixel V1 Android One Smartphone Launched At Rs 11,349
The device comes with 5.5 inch display, slim bezel and a whole lot of better specs than the previous Android One devices.
Update: Lava Pixel V1 Android One Smartphone has been launched at Rs 11,349 with specifications similar to what had been leaked earlier. You can grab one of these here.
The rumour mill is on full run lately hinting about the upcoming Android One smartphone in India which is expected to be made by Lava. Recently, Lava also sent out invites to an event to be held on July 27 in Delhi adding more to the rumours about the new Android One device.
The Indian retailer MySmartPrice has recently revealed the Lava Pixel V1, an Android 5.1.1 device that is said to be priced at around Rs 11,349.
While nearly one year after the first Android One smartphones debuted in India, Google has finally made its mind to give a bump in the specifications of its Android One series.
Coming to the specs, the Lava Pixel V1 comes with a quad-core 64 bit Qualcomm processor, 2 GB of RAM, 5.5 inch HD display with Asahi Dragon Trail glass, 32 GB of internal memory which can be expanded via microSD card and a dual SIM card slot.
The smartphone also comes with a 13 MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and 5 MP front camera with 3G network connectivity support and WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS connectivity.
The smartphone comes with a 2,650 mAh battery and runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop. Since the Lava Pixel V1 is part of the Android One initiative, it is guaranteed to get at least two years' worth of Android updates straight from Google, which should start with Android M.
However, the smartphone may disappoint a few as it is not 4G enabled, but keeping the price point in view, we feel it is worth for what we pay.
Churning out the past a little, we all know that things didn't turn out to be how Google actually wanted especially with the outburst of Chinese players like Xiaomi that offered better specs in the similar price range.
The Lava Pixel V1 is definitely one of the best-looking Android One phones that we’ve seen to date. The first models were somewhat plain black slabs, and while things have gotten a bit better lately, the Pixel V1’s thin bezels and white-and-silver backside definitely make it more attractive that its predecessors.
However, An official announcement of the Lava Pixel V1 is expected to come on July 29.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones