15:20 20th Jul, 2015
Xiaomi’s Mi Band Finally Gets A Worthy Opponent, The Micromax YuFit
Offers more features for a similar price tag.
YU Televentures, a subsidiary of Micromax, has now announced that its YuFit smart band will go on sale on 29th of July. The same will go on sale on Amazon.in for a low price of Rs 999.
Keeping up with the Chinese, this is a flash sale as well. So you will be able to register for the sale on on the 21st of July at 12 PM. But there’s more. YU will also be giving out free access to its Healthifyme app, for the first 1000 customers; so that would definitely be worth your effort, if you plan to take your smart band seriously.
One look at the product and its price range, and you can tell that Micromax has Xiaomi in its cross hairs. While the Mi Band is a huge success thanks to its value for money features, the Micromax YuFit, takes things to a whole new level.
There’s the OLED display, that not only gives your updates of your step count, but also pushes notifications from your smartphone (even though these are pretty limited). Next up we get a simple touch gestures to interact with that display.
Frankly speaking, a fitness band with a display is not easy to develop, especially with cost constraints. The Fitbit Charge comes with a similar set up but costs a hefty Rs 10,000. So Xiaomi could have done the sensible thing by not including a display altogether.
Still then, the YuFit is an attention grabber especially considering its price tag. So yes, it is a worthy opponent on paper, but there are a lot of other factors that users will come across only once they begin to use it. For those, you will have to wait till our review arrives.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020