12:23 08th Jul, 2015
OnePlus 2 To Be The Third Android Smartphone To Sport 4 GB Of RAM
Indeed it is not how much, but which type of RAM that is important.
The OnePlus 2 seems to going with big everything from what we have been witnessing through teasers this far.
After taking up the hot-headed Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 as a challenge, the company has now teased that its upcoming ‘flagship killer’ will also sport a healthy 4 GB of RAM.
While 4 GB of RAM sounds more like a mid-range gimmick these days, it is the type of RAM that matters (and something that most manufacturers are shy to reveal).
With the OnePlus 2, the Chinese smartphone maker assures that its owners will get a the new LPDDR4 RAM modules, ones that have shown up in recently announced flagships including the Galaxy S6 and the LG G Flex 2.
OnePlus took its own sweet time to explain the benefits of using LPDDR4 over LPDDR3 in its teaser post. But simply put, the new modules are faster, allow for twice the bandwidth and consume less power compared to the older ones.
While ASUS with its Zenfone 2 has managed to utilize 4 GB of LPDDR3 RAM with its 64-bit Intel chipsets, it will be interesting to see how much of an edge 4 GB of LPDDR4 RAM will give the OnePlus 2 over its competitors.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance