10:38 23rd Jun, 2015
First Smartphone With Deca-Core Chipset To Debut Mid-October
MediaTek’s Helio X20 is all set for show time.
If you did not find Android M impressive, Android smartphone fans can at least expect something new in the hardware department.
This is because MediaTek’s recently announced deca-core (that’s 10 cores) chipsets will begin shipping with smartphones as soon as mid-October.
According to MyDrivers the details about the handset mentioned below, showed up on MediaTek’s own website.
The smartphone that is expected to include this premium deca-core chipset is the Chinese Elephone P9000. The company usually sells its smartphones to Europe, the Middle East and the Americas.
MediaTek builds the chipset in question; the one that was recently unveiled back in May called the Helio X20 MT6797.
The Helio series is not exactly new, but its the Helio X20 that is. The new chipset packs in the most powerful cores that ARM has on offer today.
We get a Tri-Cluster set up as opposed to Qualcomm’s Dual-Cluster. Inside the new set up lies,
2 x Cortex A72 cores (2.3-2.5 GHz),
4 x Cortex A53 cores (2 GHz)
4 x Cortex A53 cores (1.4 GHz) (low power cores)
The Elephone P8000.
That is indeed a lot of horsepower for a mobile phone! Then again you get more because the CPU is paired up with a brilliant ARM Mali-T880 MP4, clocked at 700 MHz as opposed to Qualcomm’s Adreno 430 at 600 MHz.
And that is just the processor. As for the specs of the Elephone P9000:
- We get a 5.5 inch Full HD display
- A Deca-core, MediaTek MT6797 CPU with 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB ROM
- Expected is an 20.7 MP camera on the back while the front gets an 8 MP front-facer
- Powering all of the above is a 3100 mAh battery with Android 5.1 Lollipop running the show on the software side
But this is indeed the first of many to come. HTC also seems to have a growing interest in MediaTek lately, so we could expect its ‘hero phone’ that is scheduled for October to show up with the same as well.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499