12:36 18th Jun, 2015
Dual-Edged BlackBerry Venice Tipped To Arrive In November
Weather it will be powered by Android or BlackBerry OS 10, cannot be confirmed for now.
One long, hard look at BlackBerry’s OS 10 and it (in more ways than one) appears to be in the same boat as Windows Phone (with 8.1). The OS is stable, lacks the apps and has a plenty of flexibility that developers are somehow not interested in tapping into.
But with the recently exposed slider smartphone codenamed ‘Venice’ things may change a bit. More importantly, that change according to new rumours is expected to happen in November.
The new rumour points to the launch of the handset and also gives out a few “confirmed” details about the handset’s hardware specifications.
- We can expect a 5.4 inch Quad HD dual edge display
- Inside there will be a 1.8 GHz hexa-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 coupled with 3 GB of RAM
- Also expected is an 18 MP rear camera and a 5 MP front-facing one
As for the change, there are plenty of rumours about BlackBerry switching to Android for this smartphone. While many would want an Android-powered BlackBerry smartphone, Android has its flaws; many of which BlackBerry seems to be crushing with its new-found partnership with Samsung.
So can we expect an Android-powered BlackBerry? Well, even if BlackBerry goes ahead with it, it surely won’t have Google in the mix. Think something on the lines of Amazon’s Fire tablets or the now extinct, Nokia X line up.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance