16:32 01st Jun, 2015
ASUS Zenfone Selfie Announced With Laser AF And A 13 MP Selfie Camera | TechTree.com
ASUS Zenfone Selfie Announced With Laser AF And A 13 MP Selfie Camera
Brings quality imaging to the mid-range.
Today at the Computex 2015 happening in Taiwan, ASUS announced its all-new Zenfone Selfie. The smartphone as the name suggests brings quality imaging (not just selfies) to the mid segment in a premium looking package.
Indeed ASUS with its Zenfone Selfie has the recently announced Sony Xperia C4 in its crosshairs. Both smartphones come with similar specifications and ASUS has even included something new, in the form of a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset.
Aside from the new silicon, we get the typical ASUS design which sticks to the original Zenfones (4,5,6) in terms of design, but goes heavy on hardware, which is where the Zenfone Selfie (at least on paper) seems invincible.
Clearly, this is a camera smartphone and ASUS unlike the half-baked ASUS Zenfone Zoom, has come up with some interesting hardware. This would include a 13 MP rear-facing camera set up that not only comes with a dual LED flash, but also with laser auto-focus assist similar to LG.
On the front we get a similar 13 MP PixelMaster unit but with an LED flash.
As usual there are software tweaks as well, but the front-facing 13 MP camera's flash is also a dual-tone one so that flash-lit shots appear balanced.
The rest of the hardware specifications include:
- A 5.5 inch Full HD display with Corning's Gorilla Glass 4 upfront
- An octa-core, 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with 2 GB/ 3GB of RAM and 16 GB /32 GB internal storage options that are expandable
- There are 13 MP camera sensor both for the primary and secondary camera, accompanied by dual-tone LED flash units
- We get the usual 4G LTE and 3G bands along with WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- All of the above hardware runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop and is powered by a 3000 mah battery
Seems like ASUS really got things right for its mid-range contender in the selfie space. Moreover, this is indeed ASUS' first smartphone to sport Qualcomm silicon so we will have to wait an watch how the new partnership works out.
As of now ASUS has not revealed any details about pricing nor availability of its Zenfone Selfie. The handset when available will come in Pure White, Chic Pink, Aqua Blue, Glacier Gray, Sheer Gold and Glamour Red.
TAGS: Mobile Phones, Android, ASUS, ASUS Zenfone Selfie
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals