18:17 06th May, 2015
Sony Announces Its Newest Selfie Machine, The Xperia C4
Suddenly it seems that everyone’s using a MediaTek chipset.
Sony has announced its latest selfie-clicking smartphone called the Xperia C4. The device so far has shown up in a number of leaked images and rumours and as we can see today, all those details were pretty accurate.
The smartphone was announced in the UK and is certainly an improvement over its successor, the Xperia C3.
The Xperia C4 is no longer a mid-range device as its scratch-resistant body looks premium. It looks more in line with the flagships with its seamless metal, glass and plastic construction, that does look refreshing but is not water and dust resistant.
There is now a metal frame in the construction and gives the device a premium look and feel compared to its plasticy predecessor.
As for the specifications of the Xperia C4:
- We have a 5.5 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display
- Inside there is a 1.7 GHz, 64-bit, MediaTek MTK6752 SoC with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage that is expandable
- The camera department consists of a 13 MP primary unit and a 5 MP front-facing, wide-angle one; once again accompanied by an LED flash
- The C4 supports LTE bands (dual SIMs as well) and comes with the usual connectivity options
- Powering all of the above is a 2600 mAh battery which considering the Stamina mode should last long
On the software side of things we get the refreshed Sony UI along with Android 5.0 Lollipop. There are new features in the camera app as well where users can play around with Style Portrait and an AR Mask, that lets you place a different face over your own face.
The Xperia C4 will be available in a Dual SIM version as well, and will be available in black, white and mint from June.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-