12:13 20th May, 2015
Apple’s Watch OS 1.0.1 Firmware Update Is Out
Brings bug fixes, improvements and support for new Emoji.
Apple’s first firmware update for its Watch is finally out. The update tagged as Watch OS 1.0.1 brings a host of improvements and some new features as well. Still then, it is not the big, feature-packed update that we are expecting at Apple’s WWDC in June.
In terms of new features we have new a new emoji set that was recently updated on both iOS and OSX. Apple Watch now also understands a lot more languages including Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, Swedish, Russian, Thai and Turkish; all of which could be the next wave of markets for the Apple Watch launch.
As for the improvements, Siri has grown smarter and faster, and the same can be said about the stand activity measurement and calorie burn calculations along with support for third-party apps.
After all of the above, come the bug-fixes, which seems to have improved the overall performance of the smartwatch.
The Apple Watch has not arrived in India yet, but we could expect this to happen soon, as Apple has finally managed to polish out the problems and brought production up to speed.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-