12:13 20th May, 2015
Apple’s Watch OS 1.0.1 Firmware Update Is Out
Brings bug fixes, improvements and support for new Emoji.
Apple’s first firmware update for its Watch is finally out. The update tagged as Watch OS 1.0.1 brings a host of improvements and some new features as well. Still then, it is not the big, feature-packed update that we are expecting at Apple’s WWDC in June.
In terms of new features we have new a new emoji set that was recently updated on both iOS and OSX. Apple Watch now also understands a lot more languages including Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, Swedish, Russian, Thai and Turkish; all of which could be the next wave of markets for the Apple Watch launch.
As for the improvements, Siri has grown smarter and faster, and the same can be said about the stand activity measurement and calorie burn calculations along with support for third-party apps.
After all of the above, come the bug-fixes, which seems to have improved the overall performance of the smartwatch.
The Apple Watch has not arrived in India yet, but we could expect this to happen soon, as Apple has finally managed to polish out the problems and brought production up to speed.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones