10:58 12th Mar, 2015
Google’s Messenger App Gets Updated To v1.2
Adds something new while tweaking an existing section.
Google’s Messenger app (yes, even Facebook has one) has now been updated to version 1.2. The jump brings one big change in the form of GIF support and also simplifies the existing Settings menu.
The SMS app now adds GIF image support. Meaning that you can send across the same as an MMS. This is weird since most Android users do have Hangouts pre-installed and the app does a good job at SMS, chats and calls as far as we can tell. Sharing GIFs via the SMS is something that may be unique to the Messenger app only (which is why it exists).
Still then there are many who prefer a separate app just for SMS, (even though Hangouts lets you view both separately with a recent update) to keep things simple.
Apart from GIF images, Messenger also gets a simplified Settings menu.
Gone is that long list of options and we now just have frequently used options like Notifications Toggle, Sound, Vibrate etc. on the main page, with the rest of the stuff hidden under the Advanced section.
As always the update is rolling out gradually but if you want to download it right away, feel free to click on the link below and download the .APK file for installation.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance