19:44 04th Mar, 2015
Samsung Opens Up About Choosing Exynos Over Snapdragon
Seems like there was an issue after all.
Now that the world has embraced Samsung’s new GALAXY S6 edge, Samsung’s CEO, J. K. Shin could not help but make a few things clear about the company’s choice of picking its home grown Exynos over Qualcomm’s Snapdragon chipsets.
The answer to the mysterious twist is apparently not all that bad as we all thought it would be. Samsung was apparently looking for the best and surprisingly, was not impressed by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 810 chipset for a number of reasons.
While this is clearly not related to the heating issue, it has more to do with Samsung’s reliance on its own chipsets rather than depending on others for the same.
Samsung CEO J. K. Shin commented about its use of Samsung Exynos in a statement to the Korean Times:
“Samsung previously used more Qualcomm mobile processors. But we are flexible. If Qualcomm chips are good enough, then we will use them. Samsung always uses the best-quality components and materials to differentiate our products from those by rivals.”
The statement however makes it clear that Samsung will still rely on Qualcomm chipsets for its other smartphones (mid and budget range) as we had reported earlier and will stick to the best (which for now is Exynos) for its premium range.
Whether the new Exynos will dominate the benchmarks versus the rest of the Android flagships is something that we will know once the handset launches out here in India.
Still then, lets hope that Samsung provides a stable UX with the GALAXY S6, considering it is all praises about its latest creation.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance