Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:29 04th Mar, 2015
iPhone 6 And LG G3 Win The Best Smartphone Award
The winners decided by GSMA's panel of jury.
The Global Mobile Awards have concluded at the MWC 2015. The biggest news is that the iPhone 6 and LG G3 have won in the best mobile phone category. Nothing new for Apple, but someone in South Korea would be overjoyed right now.
Established in 1996, these are the most prestigious awards in the telecom industry. GSMA receives entries from hundreds of tech companies across the globe. Instead of gauging the popularity, the gadgets are evaluated by a panel of experts.
In the best smartphone category, five phones were nominated:
Apple iPhone 6
HTC One M8
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Sony Xperia Z3
Based on jury's decision, LG G3 and the iPhone 6 turned out to be winners.
In the best low-cost smartphone category. The nominees were:
Alcatel One Touch Pop C1
Nokia Lumia 530
Xiaomi Redmi 1S
In this category, the Moto E emerged as a winner for delivering good performance on budget.
Apps can make and break the platform. Speaking of which, SPINNR was honoured as the best music app. Peel won the award in the best photo, art, video, or TV app category. In the gaming department, Asphalt 8: Airborne beat the Respawnables, Angry Birds Epic, Despicable Me: Minion Rush, and Trivia Crack.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-