Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:29 04th Mar, 2015
iPhone 6 And LG G3 Win The Best Smartphone Award
The winners decided by GSMA's panel of jury.
The Global Mobile Awards have concluded at the MWC 2015. The biggest news is that the iPhone 6 and LG G3 have won in the best mobile phone category. Nothing new for Apple, but someone in South Korea would be overjoyed right now.
Established in 1996, these are the most prestigious awards in the telecom industry. GSMA receives entries from hundreds of tech companies across the globe. Instead of gauging the popularity, the gadgets are evaluated by a panel of experts.
In the best smartphone category, five phones were nominated:
Apple iPhone 6
HTC One M8
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Sony Xperia Z3
Based on jury's decision, LG G3 and the iPhone 6 turned out to be winners.
In the best low-cost smartphone category. The nominees were:
Alcatel One Touch Pop C1
Nokia Lumia 530
Xiaomi Redmi 1S
In this category, the Moto E emerged as a winner for delivering good performance on budget.
Apps can make and break the platform. Speaking of which, SPINNR was honoured as the best music app. Peel won the award in the best photo, art, video, or TV app category. In the gaming department, Asphalt 8: Airborne beat the Respawnables, Angry Birds Epic, Despicable Me: Minion Rush, and Trivia Crack.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband