12:09 04th Mar, 2015
Upcoming GALAXY Note 5 To Sport A Dual Edge Display
This is more about aesthetics than anything else.
In a Q&A session after the launch of the Samsung GALAXY 6 smartphones at the MWC, Samsung revealed that it has plans to incorporate a dual-edge display for its upcoming Note 5 as well.
The news was confirmed when VP of Samsung Products Strategy Team, Roh Tae-moon stated that the team is working on adding the cosmetic change to its Note 5 line-up as well.
While not many may find the dual edge display practical, one can clearly say that Samsung has purely used the same for its aesthetic value here. The true dual edge display on the Note Edge that wrapped around the corners seemed to find no buyers indeed and while the smartphone did cost a pretty penny, nobody was interested in looking beyond the edge.
Samsung has indeed received a lot of positive response for its GALAXY S edge and for now a curved edge display seems to be something only Samsung has managed to pull off.
While LG did showcase a phablet with the same at the CES (in a private booth) and we have other news that BlackBerry also did something similar(developing) at the MWC. As of now it is yet to be seen if someone can actually make an edge display more practical and less of gimmick.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-