12:09 04th Mar, 2015
Upcoming GALAXY Note 5 To Sport A Dual Edge Display | TechTree.com
Upcoming GALAXY Note 5 To Sport A Dual Edge Display
This is more about aesthetics than anything else.
In a Q&A session after the launch of the Samsung GALAXY 6 smartphones at the MWC, Samsung revealed that it has plans to incorporate a dual-edge display for its upcoming Note 5 as well.
The news was confirmed when VP of Samsung Products Strategy Team, Roh Tae-moon stated that the team is working on adding the cosmetic change to its Note 5 line-up as well.
While not many may find the dual edge display practical, one can clearly say that Samsung has purely used the same for its aesthetic value here. The true dual edge display on the Note Edge that wrapped around the corners seemed to find no buyers indeed and while the smartphone did cost a pretty penny, nobody was interested in looking beyond the edge.
Samsung has indeed received a lot of positive response for its GALAXY S edge and for now a curved edge display seems to be something only Samsung has managed to pull off.
While LG did showcase a phablet with the same at the CES (in a private booth) and we have other news that BlackBerry also did something similar(developing) at the MWC. As of now it is yet to be seen if someone can actually make an edge display more practical and less of gimmick.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals