17:35 26th Feb, 2015
LG To Showcase A Watch Urbane With LTE Bands At MWC | TechTree.com
LG To Showcase A Watch Urbane With LTE Bands At MWC
Will it be powered by a modified version of webOS?
LG has been making plenty of announcements this week; be it Android smartphones to Android Wear smartwatches. So today was indeed nothing new but rather something unique instead. The Korean electronics giant has announced its Watch Urbane once again, but with LTE bands, meaning that you can actually make calls similar to the Samsung Gear S with this one.
What is interesting about this smartwatch is not the fact that it looks good, nor is the fact that it comes with an industry leading 700 mAh battery, but the OS that it packs in.
Seems like LG has ditched Android Wear with this smartwatch and we can only hope that the mystery UI that LG is teasing us about is a skinned version of webOS.
Yes, we got our first glimpse of the OS that was tweaked for the LG webOS smartwatch at CES earlier this year, when it was demoed with an Audi automobile.
Everything looked smooth, but somehow seemed unfinished. Let’s hope that LG brings back that OS as it did look pretty impressive even though it lacked the apps.
Software aside let’s take a look at the specs that the LG Watch Urbane LTE will bring:
- We get a 1.3 inch P-OLED (Plastic) display sporting a resolution of 320 x 320 pixels (245 ppi)
- Inside, there is Qualcomm-made Snapdragon 400 SoC coupled with 1 GB of RAM and 4 GB of internal memory
- Also included are a plethora or sensors that include 9-axis (gyro / acceleration / compass), barometric pressure sensor, heart rate sensor and GPS
- Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE and NFC along with a speaker and mic to place calls
- The watch is IP67 certified (for dust and water resistance) and is powered by a 700 mAh battery
Of course this is just an announcement but the product will be showcased at the MWC 2015, a couple of days from now.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals