11:12 16th Feb, 2015
LG’s Watch Urbane Is A Premium Take On Its G Watch R
Since there’s no focus on the battery life, it’s pretty obvious that there’s Android Wear inside.
LG Electronics today announced its next offering in the smartwatch space tagged as the LG Watch Urbane. The smartwatch’s highlight is certainly its elegant design. This makes it look more like a timepiece than an electronic gadget, something that many smartwatch manufacturers have been trying to pull off lately, beginning with the ASUS ZenWatch.
It is very easy to describe LG’s next best smartwatch, since it’s basically a LG G Watch R that has been encased in an all-metal body, which is obviously, big on looks. LG has worked on the design bit (clearly, we are impressed) and has managed to narrow down those thick bezels from the G Watch R giving it a thinner profile.
Nothing has changed inside since the G Watch R either as everything from the hardware to the software pretty much remains intact, with a few new watch faces we guess.
- We get a 1.3-inch P-OLED Display (320 x 320, 245ppi)
- Inside hides the same old 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 with 512 MB RAM and 4 GB of internal memory
- The smartwatch includes all your usual sensors including Gyro, Accelerometer, Compass, Barometer and a PPG (Heart Rate Sensor)
- As usual it is powered by a 410 mAh battery unit and runs Android Wear inside; all encased in a metal construction making it look like a classic timepiece
Since the watch will be available for demo only at the MWC that is set to take place in a couple of weeks from now, LG refused to give out any details about its availability and pricing. The LG Watch Urbane will come in gold and silver and will basically sell as a premium version of the existing G Watch R, meaning that it will cost a lot more as well.
Let's hope that we get to know more details about Audi's LG-made WebOS smartwatch at the MWC as well.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-