12:45 11th Feb, 2015
The 1st Generation Moto X Will Get The Android Lollipop Update
Things look a bit dicey after the response from Motorola support.
Motorola did promise that all of its recently announced handsets including the Moto X (1st Gen) would be getting their respective Android Lollipop updates. While it has been a rocky road so far, at least some of the company’s handsets have received the much-awaited upgrade to Android 5.0+.
Still then there was clearly no news about the 1st generation Moto X’s firmware update, which is still sold in India by Motorola.
In a conversation with Motorola Support on Twitter, the reply to the curious owner did not seem too promising.
@ac2k9 Moto X (1st Gen) will get L, but chipset requires more effort. We're working to deliver satisfactory experience, performance.— Motorola Support (@MotorolaSupport) February 9, 2015
What we now know is that the smartphone maker is working on the Android Lollipop update. But there are problems with optimisation, this is especially because the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 SoC is and was dated even at launch.
While the chipset does pack in a punch, we are pretty sure that the 2 GB of RAM will be sufficient to run Google’s latest and greatest mobile OS.
As for when it will get the update? That is a question only Motorola will announce hopefully in the coming months.
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”