12:45 11th Feb, 2015
The 1st Generation Moto X Will Get The Android Lollipop Update
Things look a bit dicey after the response from Motorola support.
Motorola did promise that all of its recently announced handsets including the Moto X (1st Gen) would be getting their respective Android Lollipop updates. While it has been a rocky road so far, at least some of the company’s handsets have received the much-awaited upgrade to Android 5.0+.
Still then there was clearly no news about the 1st generation Moto X’s firmware update, which is still sold in India by Motorola.
In a conversation with Motorola Support on Twitter, the reply to the curious owner did not seem too promising.
@ac2k9 Moto X (1st Gen) will get L, but chipset requires more effort. We're working to deliver satisfactory experience, performance.— Motorola Support (@MotorolaSupport) February 9, 2015
What we now know is that the smartphone maker is working on the Android Lollipop update. But there are problems with optimisation, this is especially because the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 SoC is and was dated even at launch.
While the chipset does pack in a punch, we are pretty sure that the 2 GB of RAM will be sufficient to run Google’s latest and greatest mobile OS.
As for when it will get the update? That is a question only Motorola will announce hopefully in the coming months.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones