12:26 30th Jan, 2015
The World’s First Crowd-Sourced, Jolla Tablet Gets An Upgrade
While the first campaign saw 480% funding, the upgraded tablet should see some more backers.
Finnish smartphone maker, Jolla must indeed be very happy with the success of their first Indiegogo campaign. This is because it drew in more than a million dollars in funding (480%). And you can tell that there are more customers interested in buying the device, because Jolla has launched another campaign for the Jolla Tablet with some upgraded internals.
The new campaign will run till the end of February and the upgrade is definitely worth the higher price tag of $249 compared to the previous $219.
We now get 64 GB of internal memory and support for micro SD cards (up to 128 GB) as well. Moreover, the updated tablet also gets a laminated display, a built-in gyro and compass and more importantly a bigger 4450 battery.
The Sailfish OS-powered tablet also gets an edge over the Nokia N1 thanks to the upgrade.
Previous backers need not get angry at the newly launched upgrade as they can shift to the new Tablet with the $25 perk.
Backers of the updated Jolla Tablet will get hold of their devices by June.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones