12:04 09th Jan, 2015
Nokia’s N1 Tablet Sells Out In 4 Minutes
Are we witnessing the rise of another Xiaomi competitor?
While we all knew that Nokia fans were interested in buying a genuine Nokia product (non-Elop products) we did not know that the simple N1 tablet with mid-range specs would garner so much attention, that it would sell out in 4 minutes.
Yes, Nokia (or Foxconn) seems to have gone the Xiaomi way and held a flash sale in China (initial launch market) and to their surprise sold out their entire stock of 20,000 tablets in 4 minutes.
One simply cannot compare the N1's figures with Xiaomi’s achievements. Still then, it is certainly commendable that Nokia managed to attract such attention in such a short span of time. Even the news about the Android-powered, N1 tablet sprung up online (out of no where) and the device was announced within a few hours.
The 2.3 GHz, 64-bit, Intel Z3580 Atom processor along with that 2048 X 1536 pixel IPS display panel and that low price tag, (approx. Rs 16,200) seems to have attracted the attention of plenty. Specs aside, we are pretty sure that Nokia branding itself garnered all the attention and drove sales.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week