12:04 09th Jan, 2015
Nokia’s N1 Tablet Sells Out In 4 Minutes
Are we witnessing the rise of another Xiaomi competitor?
While we all knew that Nokia fans were interested in buying a genuine Nokia product (non-Elop products) we did not know that the simple N1 tablet with mid-range specs would garner so much attention, that it would sell out in 4 minutes.
Yes, Nokia (or Foxconn) seems to have gone the Xiaomi way and held a flash sale in China (initial launch market) and to their surprise sold out their entire stock of 20,000 tablets in 4 minutes.
One simply cannot compare the N1's figures with Xiaomi’s achievements. Still then, it is certainly commendable that Nokia managed to attract such attention in such a short span of time. Even the news about the Android-powered, N1 tablet sprung up online (out of no where) and the device was announced within a few hours.
The 2.3 GHz, 64-bit, Intel Z3580 Atom processor along with that 2048 X 1536 pixel IPS display panel and that low price tag, (approx. Rs 16,200) seems to have attracted the attention of plenty. Specs aside, we are pretty sure that Nokia branding itself garnered all the attention and drove sales.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-