18:50 06th Jan, 2015
HTC Desire 826 Is A Mix Of The Desire 820 And The Eye
The handset will in all probability be placed below the Desire Eye for countries in the Asia-Pacific.
Seems like HTC was indeed scampering around to show off something at this year’s CES and it finally came up with the Desire 826 smartphone. While the company failed to show up with the much expected Hima flagship smartphone, HTC did have a couple of handsets on display and the HTC 826 was indeed the most interesting of the lot.
It is interesting because the device seems like a mix of the recently announced Desire 820 and the Desire Eye. While both smartphones fit into the mid-range of the HTC’s smartphone portfolio both of them are stuck up at the higher and lower end of the segment. And the Desire 826 is that very smartphone that seems to fit in between; if the Taiwanese smartphone maker prices it right.
The handset looks like a revamped HTC Desire Eye that seems to have been fused with a Desire 820. And the same seems to reflect on the inside with its mixed bits as well:
- We get a 5.5 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display
- A 1.7 GHz, 64-bit, Snapdragon 615 processor with 2 GB of RAM
- There's the same 13 MP shooter on the back, while the front gets an UltraPixel unit, which will hopefully deliver better selfies in low light
- And finally HTC decided to slap the usual 2600 mAh battery on the back
With the mix there are some goodies on the software side of things as well. There’s HTC’s BoomSound that made its way out here along with the HTC EYE experience. Other than that, there’s Android Lollipop 5.0 running inside skinned with HTC’s latest version of Sense.
The handset will first be launched in the Asia-Pacific region with a roll-out scheduled for as early as this month. There is no news on the most important factor, which is the price just yet.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance