16:37 12th Nov, 2014
Motorola’s Moto G (2nd Gen) Starts Receiving Android Lollipop In The US
Now that the update has hit unlocked handsets in the US, there are chances of a global roll out happening pretty soon.
[Update: This turned out to be another soak test]. While LG did announce that it would be releasing its Android Lollipop update for the G3 as soon as this month we still do not have a heads up on which day the roll out is going to happen. In a shocking turn of events, it is indeed Motorola who is clearly now the first manufacturer to roll out its Android Lollipop update; at least in the US market for now. The company has begun seeding the much-awaited firmware update for the humble Moto G (2nd Gen) model from its servers, which is a bit odd since Google has not pushed out the update for its Nexus 5 yet.
No, this is not the soak test update that the company has been testing out since the past few days. As reported by ArsTechnica, it is only the unlocked version of the smartphone that has begun receiving notifications for the software update. The update that is about 386 MB in size, brings a big refresh in terms of the UI and ushers in the era of Google’s new Material Design theme for the mobile OS.
You can check out the complete changelog right here, that includes updates for the Notifcations UI, New interruptions and Downtime settings, Recent Apps menu, Ambient display, Motorola Assist and much more.
While Motorola has not made things official online, we guess that the update for the other countries will be hitting Moto Gs shortly. While we do have a 2nd generation Moto G unit in the office, we have yet to receive a notification for the Lollipop update.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow