18:17 07th Oct, 2014
LG’s G Watch R Will Cost You A Pretty Penny
One of the most desirable smartwatches in the Android space, the LG G Watch R is said to retail at a higher than usual price tag.
The LG G Watch R was announced sometime before the IFA Berlin. And while LG did host a grand event for the announcement of its second, refreshed Android-Wear offering, the launch of the smartwatch in India along with the pricing is nowhere to be found. Well, news is that a local online retailer in Korea has supposedly cut a deal with LG and will be offering the LG G Watch R exclusively for a week in Korea, starting tomorrow.
What comes to light here is the price tag of the smartwatch, something that was a mystery with the Moto 360 and has again been a similar story since the G Watch R was announced. The price, says a source is higher than the original G Watch. LG’s round smartwatch offering will cost buyers KRW 352,000; that’s approximately Rs 20,000 in Indian monies.
While the Moto 360 is currently retailing for Rs 17,999 online in India, LG’s offering being slimmer with a completely round display can easily demand a higher price. This is possible considering that the smartwatches are clearly disappearing off shelves much faster than manufacturers can stock them back on. The Moto 360 is already out of stock on Flipkart even at Rs 18,000.
The LG G Watch R comes with a round POLED (plastic organic LED) display with a 320 x 320 resolution, a Snapdragon 400 humming inside and a 410 mAh battery powering the smartwatch and all its sensors.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones