12:25 25th Sep, 2014
Moto X (2nd Gen) Goes On Sale For Rs 34,000; Exclusive To Flipkart | TechTree.com
Moto X (2nd Gen) Goes On Sale For Rs 34,000; Exclusive To Flipkart
Brings the bare bones Android experience with some much-needed hardware muscle.
One of the hotly anticipated smartphones this year, the Moto X has finally gone on sale in India. The smartphone brings the simplified vanilla Android experience with some much-needed hardware muscle; something that the first generation Moto X clearly lacked (when compared to the beefier handsets around at that time). The handset is currently available in just 3 options and comes with some interesting launch day offers from Flipkart as expected.
We clearly cannot tell, how many will be going in for the new Moto X, but one can clearly say that there is no competition from Xiaomi this time around as there was when the Moto G (2nd Gen) launched. Moreover, Motorola has a lot going for itself by introducing the new Moto X earlier compared to the previous model that showed up in India a bit too late after its worldwide launch.
The Moto Maker, clearly will not make it to India, as the same was not possible the last time around as well. But Motorola has been generous and delivered the smartphone in 3 different options -- Black Leather, Bamboo White and Plain Black (plastic). Still then it is indeed what’s inside that is more interesting than the outside.
- The Moto X (2nd Gen.) comes with a 5.2 inch AMOLED display with Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- For the first time we get an updated processor in the form of a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, clocked at 2.5 GHz (Yes, this is the MSM8974 AC version)
- There’s 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory out of which 12 GB is available to the user
- We get a 13 MP camera on the back with a dual ring LED flash and 2 MP camera up front
- There are the dual front-facing speakers that should hopefully live up to our expectations
- And we get Android KitKat 4.4 inside with a 2300 mAh Li-Ion battery powering it all
With specs like these and a pure Android experience with little customisation, expect the device to be quite a beast. The handset is available for purchase exclusively on Flipkart for Rs 33,999 but only in Black (Bamboo and Leather backs are on pre-order) and comes with a plethora or freebies from the online retailer. This would include 6 months of interest as cashback on EMI (on certain credit cards), Rs 1500 coupons from Myntra, Rs 1000 off on Motorola Deck Speakers and 100% cashback on recharge vouchers from FreeCharge.
TAGS: Mobile Phones, Android, Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen.), Motorola
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals