13:05 22nd Sep, 2014
DxO Labs Gives The Sony Xperia Z3 High Scores; GALAXY S5 Still On Top | TechTree.com
DxO Labs Gives The Sony Xperia Z3 High Scores; GALAXY S5 Still On Top
Claims that even though the Xperia Z2 and Z3 are very similar, Sony has made some tweaks under the hood.
A little more than two weeks ago, Sony announced its new flagship smartphone for the next six months called the Xperia Z3. The successor to the Z2, everything almost seems similar, except for the design (that is now rounded) and the faster processor clocked at 2.5 GHz. The team at DxO Labs apparently got their hands on an Xperia Z3 and even took it through the rigorous tests. Apparently it did get some impressive scores similar to the Xperia Z2.
One look at the hardware and everything seems almost the same going by the numbers. DxO Labs however says that there has been some tweaking software-wise and the results in low light are a lot better, more importantly because the sensor can touch ISO 12800 which is pretty high for a smartphone.
They did praise Sony for delivering impressive colour reproduction along with a high level of detail and fast autofocus; though it did mention that the autofocus did not always work right and was shifty. The reviewers gave the Xperia Z3’s still images a total score of 81, which also happens to be the score of the Samsung GALAXY S5.
As for the video, it also managed to impress them as well at 79 points but still sits 3 points behind the GALAXY S5. Overall, the handset got a respectable 79 points which keeps it right next to the Samsung GALAXY S5.
One thing to note is that these are tests that have been conducted in a lab and may not necessarily be something that you like in photographs because we all like different levels of saturation, sharpness etc. So if you do want to compare image quality, we suggest that you try these smartphones out at a store yourself before taking the plunge.
TAGS: Mobile Phones, Android, Sony, Sony Xperia Z3, Samsung GALAXY S5
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals