15:13 19th Sep, 2012
MWC 2012: ASUS Padfone And Transformer Pad 300 Launched
Both devices offer conversion options between various form factors.
ASUS has unveiled its flagship Padfone and the Transformer Pad 300 tablet at the Mobile World Congress 2012 (MWC 2012). The Padfone is a smartphone that can be transformed into a tablet or a netbook, when combined with a Padfone Station or Padfone Station dock respectively. The Transformer Pad 300 on the other hand seems to be a step down from the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime tablet, as the 10.1" device will be offered at a lower price.
The smartphone features a 4.3" Super AMOLED qHD display. It sports a dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor from Qualcomm, while the graphics is taken care of by an Adreno 225 GPU.The imaging is handled by an 8 mp rear camera supported by a Fuji image processing unit. The phone runs on the latest Android 4.0 (ICS), and can be transformed into a 10.1" tablet by just placing it inside the Padfone Station, which also increases the battery life by five times. An optional keyboard dock transforms the setup into a notebook. Other accessories include the Padfone Stylus Headset, which works as a stylus for the tablet and a headset for answering calls. The internal storage has options range from 16 GB to 64 GB. The smartphone is expected to start shipping from April 2012, but no pricing details have been revealed yet.
Most of the specifications for the Transformer Pad 300 remain similar to the Transformer Prime, including the quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor, 1 GB RAM, and Android 4.0. The step down is visible in the 16 GB storage space and 10.1" IPS screen, unlike the Super IPS+ of the Prime. The Pad 300 has pixel dimensions of 1280x800. Other features include an 8 mp rear camera with HD video recording and 1.3 mp front camera. The tablet has an expected battery life of 10 hours, which can be extended to 15 hours by using the optional keyboard dock. The availability and pricing of the tablet have not been revealed yet.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow