13:08 22nd Aug, 2014
HTC Teases The Desire 820; Will Be Heading For China
An upgrade to the Desire 816? We think not.
HTC has posted a teaser image on its Weibo account talking about the numbers 8-2-0. The image was posted on the 20th of August, but HTC in the post mentions that the number does not only represent the date but more. Indeed the company is hinting at what is rumoured to be the HTC Desire 820 handset and since it did show up on HTC’s Weibo account, it could only be headed to China.
As for the handset, rumours point to it sporting the Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, which is Qualcomm’s first step into the 64-bit space; apart from being an octa-core one. The processor that was announced back in April along with the rest of Qualcomm’s 64-bit line-up, comes with four 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 cores and four 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53 cores including an Adreno 405 GPU. Indeed performance benchmarks in the mid-range will be seeing a significant boost, starting the end of this year.
Qualcomm had announced back in May that the chipmaker was ready for production when it came to the Snapdragon 615 chipset. We guess that the 64-bit game will begin a lot earlier if this rumour does turn out to be true; rendering the current crop of smartphone flagships outdated in a few months.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones