09:33 23rd Aug, 2014
Flipkart Cleaning Up Its Moto G Act Now That The G2 Is On Its Way
Apart from offering discounts on accessories and recently the handset itself, the retailer indicates that the G2 is coming.
The Moto G was indeed the handset that started it all. Be it for Motorola or Flipkart, it was the handset that clearly started the flash sale revolution in India. The handset sold a million units and even put Motorola in 4th place as the largest smartphone vendor in the second quarter in India. Well now it's finally time for the Moto G to go as Motorola preps up its successor for a launch destined to happen on the 5th of September.
Flipkart is trying its level best to push out all the handsets possible, before the new Moto G2 arrives. Motorola a few weeks ago put a Rs 2000 price cut on the Moto G in order to keep up with the growing competition from Xiaomi's Mi 3 and ASUS’ Zenfone series.
Clearly the Moto G did not see much competition at launch and was indeed the phone to purchase for buyers looking for the perfect Android budget handset. This time around with Xiaomi’s huge fan following and ASUS’ Zenfones covering every budget price point, Motorola will indeed be in a huge fix if it does not get its pricing right.
As for the successor to the Moto G, the Moto G2; the handset is rumoured to come with a 5 inch 720p display, Android KitKat 4.4.4, all powered by a Snapdragon 400 processor coupled with 1 GB of RAM. As for the camera department, we are expecting an 8 MP camera sensor on the back with a 2 MP sensor up front.
Whatever be the specs we will soon be getting a confirmation when the handset sees its launch first in the US (4th of September), then in Delhi followed by Mumbai on the 6th of September. Motorola is indeed becoming a victim of a market that it helped create.
[Also Read: What To Expect From Motorola's September 4 Event]
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow