Alnoor M Peermohamed
10:29 31st Jul, 2014
Flipkart Slashes Rates Of The Mid-Range Moto G By Rs 2,000
The offer is valid until stocks last (shouldn't be very long) and is applicable to both variants of the device.
In the wake of competition from Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi, the mid-range Moto G has received a Rs 2,000 reduction in price across both variants. Indian e-commerce giant Flipkart, the exclusive retailer for Motorola devices, has just announced the revision in prices which are part of a limited period offer.
The 8GB variant of the Moto G will now cost Rs 10,499 as opposed to its earlier price tag of Rs 12,499. The 16GB variant too gets an equal amount taken off its original price and will now sell for Rs 11,999. Flipkart has notified that the offer is valid until stocks last, which pretty simply translates to not that long.
The reduction in price comes at a time when the leadership of the Moto G is being challenged by the Xiaomi Mi3, which currently retails for Rs 13,999. While the Chinese device does offer far more compelling specs than the Moto G, so far it's been really hard to get your hands on given limited availability.
Motorola is playing this in its favour, and hopes the reduction in price will make the Moto G a compelling buy once again. The company engaged in a similar strategy of dropping the price of its Moto X in the USA through limited period offers, helping the company maintain sales numbers.
The Moto G was launched in November last year (February in India) and recent rumours suggest Motorola is working on the device's successor. That doesn't come as a particular surprise given that the Moto G has been the company's best-selling phone globally ever since it was launched.
We can probably expect Motorola to engage in more price cuts for the current Moto G, until a time it is ready to ship the device's replacement. Still, if you fancy getting yourself a phone with solid performance and all-round thoughtfulness, quickly get yourself a Moto G while the offer lasts.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance