12:01 16th Jul, 2014
Jolla Rolls Out Another Sailfish OS Update; Gives It Another Odd Name
The update brings a number of new functionalities for the struggling smartphone maker from Finland.
Jolla has rolled out yet another update called ‘Tahkalampi’. The update similar to the previous one fixes a number of bugs that users have complained about and adds a number of new features as well to the struggling smartphone platform. While the handset has yet to land in India, the smartphone maker from Finland is busy churning out updates trying to perfect its unique Sailfish OS.
Again there is the name and this time it is named after a lake from the beautiful Finnish countryside. As for the update, it now adds support for simpler and easier app switching and now no longer groups apps together. You can now also add your bookmarked pages to the homescreen or the app launcher which is handy especially when you are using an OS which lacks a decent number of apps. Mail accounts can now be synchronized separately as well.
These are just some of the new additions and you can find the complete list of updates on the official Jolla blog. The smartphone maker from Finland had its sights set on the Asian smartphone market, but seems to have hit a couple of roadblocks, which is why we haven’t heard from them in a long time. The Jolla phone that is available in Europe comes with some mid-range hardware specifications, but is clearly built to deliver the Jolla Sailfish OS experience.
[Also See: Finnish Jolla Smartphone "Coming Soon" To India]
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020