20:15 21st Feb, 2014
Finnish Jolla Smartphone "Coming Soon" To India | TechTree.com
Finnish Jolla Smartphone "Coming Soon" To India
The company is all set for distribution in Hong Kong, India and Russia.
Upon reaching version 1.0 of its Sailfish OS, Finnish smartphone maker Jolla has finally decided to set foot in Asia by entering markets like Hong Kong, India and Russia. If you have not heard of Jolla yet, they are a bunch of former Nokia employees who formed their own company. Having their own design philosophy in mind, they fought all odds to make their presence felt in the mobile world by announcing a completely new approach to a mobile OS — Sailfish. Soon after, came the announcement of the first handset the Jolla Phone which had a unique design with a lot of attention to detail. The fresh UI focuses on a simple and elegant gesture-based UI which adapts to your usage.
Take a look at the hardware specifications of the device and one would immediately notice that they're quite under whelming. A Qualcomm Dual Core 1.4 GHz processor is at the heart of the handset, that comes with 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB internal storage, and microSD slot. The screen is an IPS qHD (960 x 540) display unit with 5-point multi-touch and layer a Gorilla 2 Glass. The phone packs in a 2100 mAh battery.
What’s not too cool about Jolla’s Sailfish OS, is the lack of apps and the fact that it somehow tries to hum along with a make do list of Android apps. This approach somehow has not been too positive, even though the OS has been improving at a good pace. The newest version 1.0 brings a host of small visual improvements, extended landscape support, new general settings and additional camera functionality.
As of this writing Jolla hasn't shed any light on the Asian launch date and pricing. In Europe, the handset is pegged at EUR 400 (approx 34,000).
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals