20:15 21st Feb, 2014
Finnish Jolla Smartphone "Coming Soon" To India
The company is all set for distribution in Hong Kong, India and Russia.
Upon reaching version 1.0 of its Sailfish OS, Finnish smartphone maker Jolla has finally decided to set foot in Asia by entering markets like Hong Kong, India and Russia. If you have not heard of Jolla yet, they are a bunch of former Nokia employees who formed their own company. Having their own design philosophy in mind, they fought all odds to make their presence felt in the mobile world by announcing a completely new approach to a mobile OS — Sailfish. Soon after, came the announcement of the first handset the Jolla Phone which had a unique design with a lot of attention to detail. The fresh UI focuses on a simple and elegant gesture-based UI which adapts to your usage.
Take a look at the hardware specifications of the device and one would immediately notice that they're quite under whelming. A Qualcomm Dual Core 1.4 GHz processor is at the heart of the handset, that comes with 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB internal storage, and microSD slot. The screen is an IPS qHD (960 x 540) display unit with 5-point multi-touch and layer a Gorilla 2 Glass. The phone packs in a 2100 mAh battery.
What’s not too cool about Jolla’s Sailfish OS, is the lack of apps and the fact that it somehow tries to hum along with a make do list of Android apps. This approach somehow has not been too positive, even though the OS has been improving at a good pace. The newest version 1.0 brings a host of small visual improvements, extended landscape support, new general settings and additional camera functionality.
As of this writing Jolla hasn't shed any light on the Asian launch date and pricing. In Europe, the handset is pegged at EUR 400 (approx 34,000).
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020