16:24 09th Jul, 2014
Spice Launches Its Smart Plus M 9019 Smartwatch At Rs 3,999
The device features dual SIM connectivity, but also has the option to pair with your smartphone.
Homegrown electronics major Spice has launched its first smartwatch, the Smart Pulse M 9010, in the Indian market at Rs 3,999. The device will be available exclusively through Indian e-commerce website HomeShop18 starting from July 11.
The Spice Smart Pulse can function as a standalone device given that it supports dual SIMs and runs on a Java-based operating system. It can however pair to any Android smartphone allowing users to receive notifications, answer calls, read and write SMS, capture photos and videos remotely and even stream music.
A 1.5-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 240x320 pixels adorns the face of the device, but Spice hasn't divulged any more details about the watch's internals. There is a 1.3MP camera for taking photographs and a microSD card slot via which storage can be expanded up to 8GB.
In terms of connectivity the Spice Smart Pulse M 9010 is compatible with 2G networks and can pair with other devices through Bluetooth. A 420mAh battery powers all the hardware and the company claims it is good for 180 minutes of talk time and 2 days of standby time.
The device will be available in two colour options – Black and blue, and will ship with a free bluetooth headset and two interchangeable wrist bands.
We're pretty skeptical about whether people warming up to the idea of a watch being their primary communications device. Still, since having all your notifications on your wrist is a big rage these days, Spice's Smart Pulse may just be the device for you.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-