16:24 09th Jul, 2014
Spice Launches Its Smart Plus M 9019 Smartwatch At Rs 3,999
The device features dual SIM connectivity, but also has the option to pair with your smartphone.
Homegrown electronics major Spice has launched its first smartwatch, the Smart Pulse M 9010, in the Indian market at Rs 3,999. The device will be available exclusively through Indian e-commerce website HomeShop18 starting from July 11.
The Spice Smart Pulse can function as a standalone device given that it supports dual SIMs and runs on a Java-based operating system. It can however pair to any Android smartphone allowing users to receive notifications, answer calls, read and write SMS, capture photos and videos remotely and even stream music.
A 1.5-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 240x320 pixels adorns the face of the device, but Spice hasn't divulged any more details about the watch's internals. There is a 1.3MP camera for taking photographs and a microSD card slot via which storage can be expanded up to 8GB.
In terms of connectivity the Spice Smart Pulse M 9010 is compatible with 2G networks and can pair with other devices through Bluetooth. A 420mAh battery powers all the hardware and the company claims it is good for 180 minutes of talk time and 2 days of standby time.
The device will be available in two colour options – Black and blue, and will ship with a free bluetooth headset and two interchangeable wrist bands.
We're pretty skeptical about whether people warming up to the idea of a watch being their primary communications device. Still, since having all your notifications on your wrist is a big rage these days, Spice's Smart Pulse may just be the device for you.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones