Alnoor M Peermohamed
13:00 26th Jun, 2014
LG & Samsung's Android Wear Smartwatches Now Available In India
Both devices will be available on Google's Play Store in India and cost a litte more than a Moto G.
It's been just a few hours since LG and Samsung officially unveiled their Android Wear smartwatches at Google I/O, and the devices have already made their way to the Play Store in India. LG's G Watch is priced at Rs 14,999 and will be available in two colours – Black Titan and White Gold, while Samsung's Gear Live is priced at Rs 15,900.
Both devices are among the first to adopt Google's Android Wear platform which has been tailor made for wearables. The smartwatches will be supported by all smartphones running on Android 4.3 or higher, regardless of the make.
The devices feature changeable straps, and square displays which is unlike the third Android Wear device showcased at Google I/O – Moto 360. Currently none of these devices have their own GSM receivers and will therefore not be able to make phone calls or more importantly function without a smartphone.
They can display notifications (Google Now Cards), send text messages, check email and search the Internet through Voice Search. Moreover, the smartwatches will function as extensions as one's smartphone rather than an all encompassing smart devices.
While customers in India can already order the LG G Watch, the Samsung Gear Live wears a 'coming soon' tag on the Play Store. We still recommend you hold on to your purse strings for a little longer, as Motorola's smartwatch, the Moto 360, is just around the corner.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones