Alnoor M Peermohamed
09:20 04th Jul, 2014
Spice Launches Its Stellar 445 Smartphone In India At Rs 5,299 | TechTree.com
Spice Launches Its Stellar 445 Smartphone In India At Rs 5,299
The device is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon processor, which is an oddity at its price.
Homegrown smartphone manufacturer Spice has launched its all-new Stellar 445 budget quad-core smartphone in India at Rs 5,299. The device support dual SIMs (3G + 2G) and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, which is an oddity in its price range.
The Spice Stellar 445 features a 4-inch WVGA (480x800 pixels) display and is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, coupled with 512MB of RAM. Internal storage stands at a quaint 4GB, but can be expanded to a maximum of 32GB via a microSD card.
The phone runs on Google's Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, which is a rather outdated version of the mobile OS considering that Android L should be out in a few months. In terms of imaging, the Stellar 445 features a 3.2MP primary camera and a 1.3MP front-facing shooter.
All that hardware is powered by a 1,500mAh battery, with the phone featuring a quick charge feature that the company claims makes for 10 – 15 percent faster recharges. Connectivity options include support for 3G and 2G bands, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
While the device is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon processor, it is equipped with just 512MB of RAM. It really is a shame that the Stellar 445 doesn't run on Android 4.4 KitKat, since the less demanding OS could have made for class leading performance. Apart from this the device supports five regional languages - Hindi, Bangla, Tamil, Telugu and Marathi, improving its reach in the Indian market.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals