13:13 25th Jun, 2014
iWatch Won’t Find Any Buyers, Unless Priced $350: Survey
A poll conducted by Piper Jaffray shows that just 14 percent of people polled would buy an Apple iWatch.
The iWatch by Apple may be one of the most awaited wearable, but a survey has found out that only 14 percent are interested in the product and the figure does not include teens, which if added brings the figure up to 17%.
Piper Jaffray conducted a poll in the North American consumer market and what is more interesting is that all those who wanted an iWatch claimed that the wearable should be priced at around $350 (approx Rs. 21,000). Also 18 percent of the people polled already own a fitness band and a majority had a Fitbit device.
Consumers apparently are not too excited about smartwatches as they don't seem to be practical enough just yet. With the Google I/O event happening a few hours from now, we should be witness quite a few Android Wear-powered smartwatches including the much-awaited Moto 360 from Motorola.
[See Also: What To Expect At Google I/O 2014]
Apple is looking to make a foray into the smartwatch market and should be announcing an offering similar to Moto 360 soon. Apple will definitely face tough competition from everyone out there, while interestingly Nike seems to have switched to the software side of things.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance