13:13 25th Jun, 2014
iWatch Won’t Find Any Buyers, Unless Priced $350: Survey
A poll conducted by Piper Jaffray shows that just 14 percent of people polled would buy an Apple iWatch.
The iWatch by Apple may be one of the most awaited wearable, but a survey has found out that only 14 percent are interested in the product and the figure does not include teens, which if added brings the figure up to 17%.
Piper Jaffray conducted a poll in the North American consumer market and what is more interesting is that all those who wanted an iWatch claimed that the wearable should be priced at around $350 (approx Rs. 21,000). Also 18 percent of the people polled already own a fitness band and a majority had a Fitbit device.
Consumers apparently are not too excited about smartwatches as they don't seem to be practical enough just yet. With the Google I/O event happening a few hours from now, we should be witness quite a few Android Wear-powered smartwatches including the much-awaited Moto 360 from Motorola.
[See Also: What To Expect At Google I/O 2014]
Apple is looking to make a foray into the smartwatch market and should be announcing an offering similar to Moto 360 soon. Apple will definitely face tough competition from everyone out there, while interestingly Nike seems to have switched to the software side of things.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-