Alnoor M Peermohamed
09:52 20th May, 2014
Motorola To Launch Its Moto 360 Smartwatch In July? | TechTree.com
Motorola To Launch Its Moto 360 Smartwatch In July?
The device is expected to be priced at €249 (approx Rs 20,000); quite affordable by smartwatch standards.
Motorola's much awaited Moto 360 smartwatch could be arriving in less than two months time, at a price that won't exactly break the bank. According to French site Le Journal du Geek, the device will be launched sometime in July and will cost €249 (approx Rs 20,000).
We got a preview of Motorola's upcoming smartwatch when Google announced Android Wear – its operating system for wearables. The status of the Moto 360 on the company's website currently reads “Coming summer 2014 in a selection of styles”, which lends this rumour some sort of credibility.
LG too is working on its rendition of an Android Wear powered smartwatch, and will launch the device in the UK before July at a price of £179 (approx Rs 17,500). It makes perfect sense for Motorola to follow suit, with a device that will supposedly revolutionise the smartwatch space, at a price that isn't stratospheric in comparison to the competition.
The French report suggests that more details about the price and still unknown specifications of the Moto 360 will be announced at the Google I/O in June. Currently we know that the device sports a round OLED display covered by sapphire glass and that it has a secret charging method.
The device will run on Android Wear, boasting of a whole host of Google Now functionality as showcased during the preview. Other rumours suggest that Motorola will time the launch of its upcoming Moto X+1 flagship smartphone alongside the Moto 360, banking on the chance of the devices being sold in a pair.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals