Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
15:24 18th Oct, 2013
[Update] iPhone 5S Hits The Indian Market Through Unofficial Channels
Try and guess the price.
Update (18-10-2013): Prices of the iPhone have been seeing a continuos drop, and here's the latest cost of the handsets in the grey market in the country.
- 16 GB - Rs 55,000
- 32 GB - Rs 59,000
- 64 GB - Rs 65,000
- 16 GB - Rs 36,000
Update (24-09-2013): Kick yourselves in the shin. The unofficial iPhone 5S price has dropped to around Rs 65,000. The iPhone 5c on the other hand is available for Rs 45,000.
It has been hardly a week since Tim Cook unveiled the latest iPhone 5S, and surprisingly the handset is already available in the grey market. At Heera Panna market in Mumbai, you can pick up Apple’s latest and greatest for Rs 95,000. And no, we’re not quoting the price of two iPhones. Once officially launched in India, we expect it to cost around Rs 50,000. So now for around a lakh, the handset is exuberantly expensive, but then many rich kids won’t mind paying that for the exclusivity.
As mentioned in our announcement article, the iPhone 5S looks very similar to its predecessor. It sports a 4" screen with 640x1136 pixels. There’s a brand new A7 chipset, which is claimed to be twice as powerful compared to its predecessor, the A6. Apart from some serious raw power, the new iPhone also comes with an improved camera. For starters, you get a 15% larger sensor as compared to the iPhone 5. The iPhone now comes with dual-LED flash. Apple also claims that the phone packs in Auto image stabilisation that reduces noise and motion from shaky hands or moving subjects. The most interesting aspect of the new iPhone is that it comes with a fingerprint identity sensor called Touch ID tech that lets you unlock your phone by simply placing your thumb on the Home button.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones