09:32 05th Sep, 2013
IFA 2013: Sony Unveils Its Newest Flagship, Xperia Z1 | TechTree.com
IFA 2013: Sony Unveils Its Newest Flagship, Xperia Z1
Comes with 5" full-HD display and 20.7 MP camera.
Taking its range of waterproof flagships ahead, Sony has unveiled the Xperia Z1 at IFA 2013 in Berlin. This smartphone comes with a 20.7 MP camera sporting a 27 mm wide angle ‘G-Lens’ with a custom-made 1/2.3-type CMOS image sensor, F2.0 aperture, BIONZ for mobile image processing engine, and pulsed LED flash. These specs could give the regular off-the-shelf point-and-shoot camera a run for its money. Competing with the Nokia Lumia 1020, this Google Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) phone packs in a host of imaging options under its Xperia Camera Applications Suite. Some of these include:
- Timeshift Burst: Inspired by Samsung's Best Face feature, this one takes 30 images after you have pressed the shutter button, and lets you saving the best of the lot.
- Info-eye: A Google Goggles alternative, you can capture an image of a landmark, a book, or your choicest wine, and it will give you all the information regarding it.
- Social Live: This app surely will feed your narcissistic side, Bigg Boss style. The app directly broadcasts your videos live to your Facebook account, and you can check your friends’ comments through the app itself.
- AR effect: This app uses Sony’s SmartARTM augmented reality technology to create animations from your images.
The Xperia Z1 is capable of recording Full HD videos and comes with a 2 MP front snapper as well. The Full HD 5" multi-touch LCD touch screen packs in X-Reality for mobile picture engine, Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, and TRILUMINOS. Under the hood, the smartphone comes with 2.2 GHz Qualcomm MSM8974 quad-core processor with 2 GB of RAM. While there is 16 GB of internal storage, the handset also comes with a microSD card slot with support for up to 64 GB. This 4G/LTE phone comes with a 3000 mAh battery.
In the official press release, Sony mentions camera accessories such as the previously-rumoured QX10/QX100 lenses, Smart Imaging Stand IPT-DS10M, and Smartphone Tripod SPA-MK20M. Although the company remained tight-lipped about the price, the phone will be available globally later this month in black, white, and purple variants. But until then have a look at the spec list below:
- 5.0" Full HD TRILUMINOS Display for mobile with X-Reality and Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Qualcomm MSM8974 quad-core processor.
- 2 GB of RAM.
- Wide angle 27 mm Sony’s G Lens with BIONZ for mobile, 1/2.3-type Exmor RS for mobile, 20.7 MP CMOS image sensor.
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP58).
- 16 GB internal storage.
- MicroSD card slot with support for up to 64 GB.
- NFC, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi with hotspot support, A-GPS, USB 2.0, 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Google Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean).
- 3000 mAh battery.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals