16:16 08th Aug, 2013
Facebook To Have Trending Topics Listing | TechTree.com
Facebook To Have Trending Topics Listing
Another Twitter-like feature coming soon to FB; starts with few US-based users.
Looks like Facebook's obsession with Twitter is growing with each new feature. After hashtags, vine-like videos (via Instagram), and verified accounts, the social networking giant is all set to replicate its Trends feature. A report on AllThingsD suggests that FB is all set to try out a "Trending Topics" styling listing of popular topics. This is not the first time that such a feature has come up: Facebook already shows you grouped up posts when two or more of your friends post about the same topic (like birthday wish for instance).
But this is different, it is expected to be "a billboard that highlights things lots of Facebook users are talking about", says AllThingsD. The feature will be rolled out to a fraction of FB's US user base, with "a banner flagging a particular topic". Click on it to expand posts and comments, not just from friends but from strangers too. Be prepared for more wanted 'Fraandship' requests, once this intrusive feature is rolled out globally.
Image couretsy: AllThingsD.com
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals