15:11 13th Jun, 2013
Facebook Introduces Hashtags In Posts | TechTree.com
Facebook Introduces Hashtags In Posts
Will help users find information faster and better.
Facebook has finally introduced hashtags to its users' conversations. Hashtags embedded in posts will allow users to find what they want faster and better on the social network without having to actually go about searching for that information. Users can also search for specific hashtags from the search bar, click on hashtags that originate from other services such as Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram, or compose posts directly from the hashtag feed and search results. Just like in Twitter, hashtags on FB will allow you to club together information about a certain event, person, topic, etc associated with a particular hashtag for easy retrieval to fellow FB users once they click on it.
After you click on a hashtag embedded in a post, you will be presented with a feed of what other people and Pages are saying about that topic. FB has said that this is only the first step in a series of features that it plans to gradually introduce to help bring conversations more to the forefront. The new features will include trending hashtags and "deeper insights" to help people find out more about what's popular on the social network.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals