12:10 24th Jul, 2013
HTC Desire 500 Officially Announced, Comes With Android 4.2
The 4.3" Android handset features an 8 MP camera, and a microSD card slot.
HTC announced the latest iteration in its Desire smartphone series, the Desire 500. Running Android 4.2 and an 8 MP camera HTC's mid-range offering comes with a 4.3" display, which is a welcome diversion from today's smartphones that generally come with a display sizes in excess of 5 inches. The Desire 500 does not feature the HTC Boom Sound technology, which was last seen in the Desire 600. However, the device comes with Beats Audio and dual-speakers at the front.
The phone runs Sense 5 User Interface (UI) with BlinkFeed on top of Android 4.2. As of now, the Desire 500 is retailing only in Taiwan for 11,900 New Taiwanese Dollars (roughly Rs 25K). The smartphone is expected to reach India soon, and sell in the RS 20K range. The key tech-specs of HTC's Desire 500 include:
- 4.3" WVGA display, with 480x800 pixels.
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system, HTC Sense 5 UI with BlinkFeed.
- 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 SoC.
- 8 MP primary camera, and a 1.6 MP front camera.
- Available in dual-SIM variant, Requires micro-SIM.
- 1 GB RAM.
- 4 GB internal storage.
- MicroSD card slot supports up to 64 GB.
- Bluetooth 4.0, 3G, Wi-Fi, microUSB connectivity.
- 1800 mAh battery.
HTC could have provided a slightly better display, as the current 4.3" screen with 480x800 pixels is far from impressive. HTC's recent offering, the One Mini also comes with a 4.3" touchscreen that packs in 720 x1280 pixels, but you'll have to fork out Rs 35,000 for a better handset. HTC Desire 500's India prospects will depend on how HTC prices the device in the country.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499