16:18 04th Jul, 2013
HTC One S Future Software Updates To Be Stopped
Android 4.2 update will not be possible including HTC Sense 5 UI upgrade, which might force users to look for unofficial sources to get the UI.
The HTC One S smartphone, which released last year, will soon stop receiving firmware/OS updates. Its last upgrade had been to the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OS. An Engadget report suggests that owners of the HTC One S will have to make peace with the Sense 4 update.
The HTC One S can support Android 4.2, with its 1 GB RAM, 1.7 GHz Qualcomm dual-core processor, and Adreno 220 GPU. Even Apple is preparing an iOS7 upgrade to its iPhone 4, so HTC decisions do seem unconventional. HTC had earlier stated to bring its Sense 5 UI to the HTC One S along with the Butterfly, X, and X+ handsets. The Taiwanese manufacturer has even said: "We can confirm that the HTC One S will not receive further Android OS updates and will remain on the current version of Android and HTC Sense. We realise this news will be met with disappointment by some, but our customers should feel confident that we have designed the HTC One S to be optimised with our amazing camera and audio experiences".
HTC One S currently costs Rs 21,800 online, and runs Android 4.0; out of the box. However, the smartphone received a much-needed improvement with the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020