19:48 03rd Jun, 2013
Computex 2013: Acer Launches Iconia W3, First 8.1" Windows 8 Tablet | TechTree.com
Computex 2013: Acer Launches Iconia W3, First 8.1" Windows 8 Tablet
Acer's product range includes Iconia W3, along with refreshed Aspire S7 and S3 models that run on the Intel Haswell 4th generation processor, apart from an Aspire Z3 All-In-One PC.
Acer has kick-started its campaign at Computex 2013 (Taipei) by officially announcing multiple Windows 8 devices, including the world's first 8.1 inch Windows 8 Tablet computer. The products that the company has announced include the Acer Aspire S7-392 Ultrabook, Aspire S3-392, the Aspire Z3 All-In-One PC series and the Iconia W3 which Acer claims is the industry's first 8.1-inch Windows 8 tablet.
Acer Iconia W3:
Acer's Iconia W3 is driven by a 1.8 GHz Intel Atom Z2760 dual-core processor, has an 8.1 inch display, is fairly lightweight at approximately 540 grams, and is available in 32GB and 64GB variants. Acer claims an 8-hour battery backup with the device. Key tech-specs of the device include:
- 8.1" backlit LED display with 1280x800 pixel dimensions
- Intel Atom Z2760 dual-core processor
- Windows 8 operating system
- 2MP front and rear camera
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB, 64GB internal storage variants available
- MicroSD card slot for expansion by an extra 32GB
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and micro-USB connectivity
- Claimed battery backup life of 8 hrs
Acer has priced the Iconia W3 at $380 (approx Rs 21,000), and is slated to go on sale very soon.
Acer Aspire S7-392 Ultrabook:
Along with the Iconia W3, Acer also refreshed its Aspire S7 Ultrabook series with a new Aspire S7-392 13.3 inch Ultrabook. Acer claims that this device would provide about 33% better battery life compared to preceding S7 models that came with a battery backup of nearly 7 hrs.
Acer's Aspire S7-392 runs the Windows 8 operating system (64 bit), and is driven by a 4th generation Intel Core processor (Haswell), and has a 13.3 inch display that provides a 10-point touch screen with 1920x1080 pixel dimensions. This Ultrabook has 4GB of DDR3 RAM, and provides a solid state drive with a capacity of 256 GB. Users get the usual Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi connectivity, and USB. The Aspire S7-392's pricing is not known yet.
Acer Aspire S3-392:
The Acer Aspire S3-392 is also a 13.3 inch Ultrabook that inherits various design aspects of Aspire S7 Ultrabook series. It runs on the latest Intel Haswell 4th generation processor. Other tech-specs of the Aspire S3-392 are identical to the Aspire S7-392, except that the Aspire S7 makes use of Gorilla Glass.
The new Aspire S3 Ultrabook is expected to sell for nearly Rs 80,000 in India.
Acer Aspire Z3 AIO:
A notable Acer launch is the new Aspire Z3 23-inch All-In-One (AIO) PC driven by an Intel Core i3 processor. Other key-specs of the device include a 4GB DDR3 RAM, Intel HD Graphics support, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0, Wi-Fi, and of course the Windows 8 operating system. There is a 1MP HD webcam that can be adjusted from 0-20 degrees for the best viewing angle. The camera is capable of capturing up to 720p images, and is best suited for video chat. Pricing of the Aspire Z3 are yet to be known.
TAGS: Acer, Tablets, ICONIA, Windows 8, Computex 2013
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals