19:41 05th Jan, 2013
Sennheiser Launches MOMENTUM Around-the-Ear Headphones For Rs 25,000; Not Advertised As Audiophile-Grade
Luxury premium product promises an indulgent experience; headband and ear-cups feature "traditional English tannery Pittards" leather.
Audio enthusiasts will want to take a look at Sennheiser's new MOMENTUM wired headphones. Sennheiser says they've given the circumaural design some luxurious treatment. The leather-bound phones look traditional — in fact, somewhat retro. Wearing comfort is emphasised: The soft, fine leather is from "traditional English tannery" Pittards. The stainless-steel sliding headband is also covered with the same leather. The cans completely encapsulate the ears, minimising sound leakage. This should provide adequate isolation from ambient sounds, making for an immersive audio experience.
At 190 grams, the MOMENTUM should be comfortable enough to wear for hours. The audio jack is a standard 3.5 mm, so the set can be used with most audio sources. There is also a 6.3 mm adapter plug for use with other sources. The inline remote control allows you to control volume without having to reach for controls on the audio source. The cans' neodymium magnets should produce rich audio throughout the claimed 16 – 22,000 Hz frequency range.
Audio purists should note that the MOMENTUM is not advertised as audiophile-grade. It is being promoted as a luxury headphone set, and as such, is priced at Rs 25,000. Sennheiser products, including this set, are available in India at the company's online store, with free shipping across all metros.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499