18:41 23rd Oct, 2012
Sony Xperia J With Android 4.0 And 4" Screen Surfaces Online For Rs 16,500
ICS-based handset up for pre-order; features 1 GHz CPU and 5 mp main camera.
As Sony allegedly readies itself for a phablet war, it is capitalising on the mid-range Android smartphone segment — riding on the festive season. The latest entrant in its Xperia lineup to reach Indian shores is the Sony Xperia J. Running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), Flipkart.com suggests that it comes with a 1 GHz CPU and an Adreno 200 GPU. Here is a list of specifications from Sony's UK site listing:
- Quad-band GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); quad-band 3G (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz).
- 4.0" FWVGA TFT capacitive multi-touch screen, scratch resistant Corning Gorilla glass with pixel dimension of 854 x 480 and 16,777,216 colours.
- Android 4.0 (ICS).
- 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM7227A processor and 512 MB of RAM.
- 4 GB internal storage, 32 GB microSD card slot.
- 5 mp main camera with LED flash and Auto focus VGA video recording @ 30 fps; 0.3mp front-facing camera.
- Camera Features: Geotagging, Self-timer, Touch focus, Image stabilizer, VGA video recording, 4x digital zoom.
- Micro-USB 2.0, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA certified, Assisted GPS, Bluetooth.
- Accelerometer, proximity sensor, compass.
- 4.9" (l) x 2.4" (w) x 0.4" (9.2 mm) (d); 124 grams.
- 1750 mAh battery with talk time of 6 hours in 2G and 7 hours in 3G, 40 hours of music, 8 hours of video.
- Available colours: Black, Gold, Pink, White.
The handset in available in white and black variants. You can pre-order one via Flipkart.com. (When you place an order, you'll earn a Flipkart e-Gift Voucher worth Rs 500!) Delivery is expected to commence next week. For more product shots, check out the gallery below.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens