Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
18:35 22nd Oct, 2012
Rumour: Sony Working On Xperia "Phablet" With 5" Screen
Could feature a quad-core Snapdragon S4 chipset and 1080p screen; expected to go official at CES 2013.
Samsung started the "phablet" revolution with its GALAXY Note. Soon enough, another Korean manufacturer, LG, embraced this new form factor. Whether these gadgets are comfortable to use as cellphones is a matter of debate, but they do have takers. Just last week, HTC joined the party with its J Butterfly in Japan. Sony is now testing these waters, apparently: According to a Japanese website, they are already testing a 5" prototype device. They've also provided a picture as evidence, which looks convincing to me. Going by the image, the handset has a sleek metallic body and a very thin display bezel. The Japanese source claims the phone is codenamed Odin (C650X), and that it has specs as so:
- 5" Full-HD screen, 1080x1920 pixels.
- Quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset.
- 2 GB of RAM.
If that's for real, it's definitely going to be a killer combination of outstanding screen and powerful CPU. More importantly, the design is far superior to what most Android manufacturers have on offer.
The only major event coming up in the next few months is the CES 2013 in January, which is when we can expect this gadget to go official.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones