00:44 18th Sep, 2012
Samsung Taunts iPhone 5 With Stinging Ad; Apple Fanboys Go Nuclear | TechTree.com
Samsung Taunts iPhone 5 With Stinging Ad; Apple Fanboys Go Nuclear
Korean giant compares its flagship smartphone with the new iOS handset; tweets "The Next Big Thing is already here".
Samsung has tweeted a new ad that attempts to get back at its arch-nemesis Apple. Obviously incensed at its decisive legal defeat, the Korean electronics giant has presented a side-by-side feature comparison between the just-released iPhone 5 and its own GALAXY S III (GS3) to demonstrate its phone's technological superiority. The ad is titled "It doesn't take a genius", obviously targeting Apple's Genius Bar store employees. The company states emphatically on its US Twitter handle, "The Galaxy S III is packed with 4G LTE, a 4.8" screen, and so much more. It doesn't take a genius to choose The Next Big Thing". Another tweet with a comparison sheet of the handsets provides a one-sided view that expectedly tilts the balance heavily in the GS3's favour, mentioning pretty much every feature for its own device while listing only the main features of the iPhone 5.
Apple fanboys were quick to retort though, uploading a barrage of parodies that belittled the GS3, including a a point-by-point rebuttal. I'm sure that a Twitter flame war has just started and things are only going to get uglier. While there's no doubt that the iPhone 5 is technologically inferior to the GS3, better hardware and benchmarks do not necessarily mean a better smartphone. Rather, it is the user experience that counts the most, in which the iPhone certainly scores higher. What do you think? Sound off in the comments section.
Rebuttal by Josh Cohen, Apple fanboy.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance