00:44 18th Sep, 2012
Samsung Taunts iPhone 5 With Stinging Ad; Apple Fanboys Go Nuclear
Korean giant compares its flagship smartphone with the new iOS handset; tweets "The Next Big Thing is already here".
Samsung has tweeted a new ad that attempts to get back at its arch-nemesis Apple. Obviously incensed at its decisive legal defeat, the Korean electronics giant has presented a side-by-side feature comparison between the just-released iPhone 5 and its own GALAXY S III (GS3) to demonstrate its phone's technological superiority. The ad is titled "It doesn't take a genius", obviously targeting Apple's Genius Bar store employees. The company states emphatically on its US Twitter handle, "The Galaxy S III is packed with 4G LTE, a 4.8" screen, and so much more. It doesn't take a genius to choose The Next Big Thing". Another tweet with a comparison sheet of the handsets provides a one-sided view that expectedly tilts the balance heavily in the GS3's favour, mentioning pretty much every feature for its own device while listing only the main features of the iPhone 5.
Apple fanboys were quick to retort though, uploading a barrage of parodies that belittled the GS3, including a a point-by-point rebuttal. I'm sure that a Twitter flame war has just started and things are only going to get uglier. While there's no doubt that the iPhone 5 is technologically inferior to the GS3, better hardware and benchmarks do not necessarily mean a better smartphone. Rather, it is the user experience that counts the most, in which the iPhone certainly scores higher. What do you think? Sound off in the comments section.
Rebuttal by Josh Cohen, Apple fanboy.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones