16:13 15th Oct, 2012
Motorola Adds Android 4.0 Based 4G DROID RAZR M With 4.3" Screen To Its RAZR Series
Mid-range ICS phone packs in 8 mp camera with 1080p video support and a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor.
The third smartphone announced today by Motorola in the RAZR series — along with the DROID RAZR HD and the DROID RAZR MAXX HD — is the DROID RAZR M. Sporting a 4.3" Super AMOLED screen, the phone comes with a dual-core 1.5 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM. Similar to its siblings, the phone runs Android 4.0 and boasts of a KEVLAR coating on the back panel with a Corning Gorilla Glass screen for better protection. Here is the list of known specs:
- 4G LTE capable.
- 4.3" Super AMOLED display with pixel dimensions of 540x960 with scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass and water-repellent coating.
- 8 megapixel rear camera with LED Flash 1080p video recording and Auto Focus; 0.3 megapixel front camera.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with access to Google Play; upgradeable to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) soon.
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM.
- 8 GB internal storage (4.5 GB usable); microSD card slot.
- DLNA, NFC, Wi-Fi hotspot (connects up to 8 devices at once), Bluetooth, GPS (Assisted GLONASS GPS).
- 3.5mm audio jack, USB 2.0.
- Audio Formats: AAC, AAC+, AAC+ Enhanced, AMR NB, AMR WB, MIDI, MP3, PCM, WAV, WMA, FLAC, OGG.
- Video Formats: Playback: 1080p HD Video, H.263, H.264, MPEG4, VC-1, VP8
- 4.8" (l) x 2.4" (w) x 0.3" (d) (8.3 mm); 126 gammes.
- 2000 mAh battery.
- Aircraft-grade aluminium body with a DuPont KEVLAR fibre covering on the back panel.
- Available Colours: Black, White.
While this phone comes bundled with the Chrome browser, unlike the other two RAZR phones announced today, it doesn't come pre-loaded with Quickoffice. Of the three DROID RAZR phones, only the RAZR M is up for pre-order in the US, through Verizon. Although pricing details and availability hasn't been revealed yet, it is expected to launch in Asia soon.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-