17:23 06th Sep, 2012
Fujitsu Launches LIFEBOOK U772; Starts At Rs 76,000
With a 14" screen, the device boasts of near-instant power on, Intel vPro, and security features such as fingerprint sensor and data encryption.
Fujitsu just launched the LIFEBOOK U772 Ultrabook. With features such as Intel vPro technology for remote management, fingerprint sensor, and full disk encryption for data security, the device is targeted at business users — but there are plenty of generally appealing features, too.
Powered by processors up to Intel's 3rd generation Core processors with 8 GB RAM, this laptop has a 14" anti-glare screen with a built-in HD camera for video chat. Fujitsu says it's a frameless display, although from the press shots, we couldn't really see it was very different from other laptops. Claimed battery life is up to 10 hours. The LIFEBOOK U772 ultrabook has a magnesium body, and is just 0.6" (15.6 mm) thick, and it weighs only 1.4 kg. Windows 7 Home or Windows 7 Professional comes pre-installed; the customer can choose.
The U772 has a shock sensor mechanism built into the hard drive (in non-SSD models) to protect it from damage in case of a fall. Security features include Fujitsu's Advanced Theft Protection and TPM module. Connectivity is provided by WLAN, Bluetooth, and optional 3G \ UMTS. The Indian models seem to not include 4G \ LTE, which is available on international models. Fujitsu has managed to cram in two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports to connect faster peripherals, and a USB 2.0 port that supports charging even when the ultrabook is switched off. An optional port replicator can be used to add additional ports and connect more peripherals. Here is the complete specifications list:
- Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
- Chipset: Intel QM77.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3317U, 3 MB, 1.7 GHz, up to 2.6 GHz; Intel Core i5-3427U, 3 MB, 1.8 GHz, up to 2.8 GHz; Intel Core i7-3667U, 4 MB, 2.0 GHz, up to 3.2 GHz.
- Supported capacity RAM (max.): 8 GB, 1 Memory slot(s) DIMM (DDR3)DDR3 - 1600 MHz.
- Hard disk drive: 32 GB, I-SSD cache for IRST & Express Cache; SATA, 5400 rpm, 320 GB; SATA, 5400 rpm, 500 GB; SSD SATA III FDE, 128 GB; SSD SATA III, 128 GB; SSD SATA III, 256 GB.
- Interfaces: 1 x DC-in,1 x Audio: line-out \ headphone, 2 (digital) x Internal microphones, 1 x USB 2.0 total, 2 (1 with Anytime USB Charge functionality) x USB 3.0 total, 1 x HDMI, 1 (mini LAN connector, Adapter included) x Ethernet (RJ-45), 1 x Docking connector for Port Replicator, 1 x Kensington Lock support, 1 x SIM card slot (usable only with 3G/UMTS), 1 (SD up to 2 GB, SDHC up to 32 GB, SDXC up to 64 GB) x Memory card slots.
- Display: 14", LED backlight, (HD), Anti-glare frameless display, magnesium, 1366 x 768 pixel, 300:1, 220 cd/sq. m.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 3rd generation Core i processors.
- Camera: Built-in webcam (HD) with Status LED.
- Weight: 1.4 kg - Weight may vary depending on actual configuration.
- Dimensions: 12.9" (w) x 8.8" (d)x 0.6"(15.6 mm) (h).
- Runtime battery: Up to 10 h.
- Audio codec: Realtek ALC269.
- Audio features: Stereo speakers.
- WLAN: Intel Centrino 6205 802.11 a\b\g\n.
- Antennas: 2 Dual band WLAN antennas, 2 UMTS antennas optional, 1 Bluetooth antenna optional.
- LAN: Built-in 10/100/1000 MBit/s Intel 82579 LM.
- Bluetooth (optional): Bluetooth 4.0.
- Special features: Optional port replicator, Intel vPro technology as option, Fingerprint sensor.
- Colour options: Silver, Red.
Available in silver and red colours, the Fujitsu LIFEBOOK U772 ultrabook is priced similarly to others in its class, which means more than most laptops. It costs more than the UH572, due to its extra security and management features. For business people and professionals concerned about data security, this ultrabook doesn't seem to be a bad deal at an MRP of Rs 76,000.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance