19:42 05th Sep, 2012
Fujitsu LIFEBOOK UH572 Launched At Starting Price Of Rs 65,000
13.3" portable device comes in ultra-slim aluminium housing, with DTS Boost audio and 7.5 hours battery life.
Fujitsu has launched the LIFEBOOK UH572 Ultrabook sporting the new SlimEdge design with aluminium housing. Powered by the latest 3rd generation Intel Core processors with 8 GB RAM, this laptop has a 13.3" anti-glare screen that should help with better visibility in brightly light environments. A built-in HD camera at the top of the bezel is great for hi-def video chat. Battery life is up to 7.5 hours, which should let you use it comfortably while you take it away for a long duration to your work or college project. At just 0.7", this ultra-slim device weighs just 1.6 kg – very portable indeed! Windows 7 Home or Professional comes pre-installed according to the customer's choice.
Storage is taken care of by SSD and HDD options ranging from 128 GB to 500 GB. Multimedia is via stereo speakers that support DTS Boost, which claims to maximise the acoustic output of the device using proprietary algorithms. Connectivity is provided by WLAN, Bluetooth, and optional 3G \ UMTS. While an RJ-45 port is absent, there is a USB adapter to take care of the wired connectivity option. The company has managed to cram in two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports to connect faster peripherals, and a USB 2.0 port that supports charging devices even when the ultrabook is switched off. Here is the complete specifications list:
- Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
- Chipset: Intel HM76.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3317U, 3 MB, 1.7 GHz; Intel Core i7-3517U, 4 MB, 1.9 GHz.
- Supported capacity RAM (max.): 8 GB, 1 Memory slot(s) DIMM (DDR3)DDR3 - 1600 MHz.
- Hard disk drive: SATA, 5400 rpm, 320 GB; SATA, 7200 rpm, 320 GB; SATA, 5400 rpm, 500 GB; SSD SATA III, 128 GB; SSD SATA III, 256 GB.
- Interfaces: 1 x DC-in,1 x Audio: line-out \ headphone, 2 (digital) x Internal microphones, 1 (1 including anytime USB charge functionality) x USB 2.0 total, 2 x USB 3.0 total, 1 x HDMI, 1 1 x via USB Ethernet (RJ-45), 1 x Kensington Lock support, 1 x SIM card slot (usable only with 3G/UMTS), 1 x Memory card slots.
- Display: 13.3", LED backlight, (HD), Anti-glare display, 1366 x 768 pixel, 220 cd/sq. m.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000.
- Camera: Built-in HD webcam.
- Weight: 1.6 kg - Weight may vary depending on actual configuration.
- Dimensions: 12.7" (w) x 9,2" (d)x 0.7"(18 mm) (h).
- Runtime battery: Up to 7.5 h.
- Audio codec: Realtek ALC269Q-VB6 (HD audio).
- Audio features: Stereo speakers with DTS Boost.
- WLAN: Intel Centrino Wireless N2230 802.11 b\g\n or Atheros Minicard WB222 a\b\g\n.
- LAN: USB to LAN.
- Bluetooth (optional): Bluetooth 4.0.
- Colour options: Silver, Red.
Price-wise, the Fujitsu LIFEBOOK UH572 Ultrabook is similar to other ultrabooks – they are priced a tad more than laptops. Laptops can do things a lot faster, but at the disadvantage of not being so portable, and having a lower battery life. At an MRP of Rs 65,000, this ultrabook seems to be a good deal going by the looks, but we'll reserve judgment till we get our hands on one.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance