19:42 05th Sep, 2012
Fujitsu LIFEBOOK UH572 Launched At Starting Price Of Rs 65,000
13.3" portable device comes in ultra-slim aluminium housing, with DTS Boost audio and 7.5 hours battery life.
Fujitsu has launched the LIFEBOOK UH572 Ultrabook sporting the new SlimEdge design with aluminium housing. Powered by the latest 3rd generation Intel Core processors with 8 GB RAM, this laptop has a 13.3" anti-glare screen that should help with better visibility in brightly light environments. A built-in HD camera at the top of the bezel is great for hi-def video chat. Battery life is up to 7.5 hours, which should let you use it comfortably while you take it away for a long duration to your work or college project. At just 0.7", this ultra-slim device weighs just 1.6 kg – very portable indeed! Windows 7 Home or Professional comes pre-installed according to the customer's choice.
Storage is taken care of by SSD and HDD options ranging from 128 GB to 500 GB. Multimedia is via stereo speakers that support DTS Boost, which claims to maximise the acoustic output of the device using proprietary algorithms. Connectivity is provided by WLAN, Bluetooth, and optional 3G \ UMTS. While an RJ-45 port is absent, there is a USB adapter to take care of the wired connectivity option. The company has managed to cram in two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports to connect faster peripherals, and a USB 2.0 port that supports charging devices even when the ultrabook is switched off. Here is the complete specifications list:
- Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
- Chipset: Intel HM76.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3317U, 3 MB, 1.7 GHz; Intel Core i7-3517U, 4 MB, 1.9 GHz.
- Supported capacity RAM (max.): 8 GB, 1 Memory slot(s) DIMM (DDR3)DDR3 - 1600 MHz.
- Hard disk drive: SATA, 5400 rpm, 320 GB; SATA, 7200 rpm, 320 GB; SATA, 5400 rpm, 500 GB; SSD SATA III, 128 GB; SSD SATA III, 256 GB.
- Interfaces: 1 x DC-in,1 x Audio: line-out \ headphone, 2 (digital) x Internal microphones, 1 (1 including anytime USB charge functionality) x USB 2.0 total, 2 x USB 3.0 total, 1 x HDMI, 1 1 x via USB Ethernet (RJ-45), 1 x Kensington Lock support, 1 x SIM card slot (usable only with 3G/UMTS), 1 x Memory card slots.
- Display: 13.3", LED backlight, (HD), Anti-glare display, 1366 x 768 pixel, 220 cd/sq. m.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000.
- Camera: Built-in HD webcam.
- Weight: 1.6 kg - Weight may vary depending on actual configuration.
- Dimensions: 12.7" (w) x 9,2" (d)x 0.7"(18 mm) (h).
- Runtime battery: Up to 7.5 h.
- Audio codec: Realtek ALC269Q-VB6 (HD audio).
- Audio features: Stereo speakers with DTS Boost.
- WLAN: Intel Centrino Wireless N2230 802.11 b\g\n or Atheros Minicard WB222 a\b\g\n.
- LAN: USB to LAN.
- Bluetooth (optional): Bluetooth 4.0.
- Colour options: Silver, Red.
Price-wise, the Fujitsu LIFEBOOK UH572 Ultrabook is similar to other ultrabooks – they are priced a tad more than laptops. Laptops can do things a lot faster, but at the disadvantage of not being so portable, and having a lower battery life. At an MRP of Rs 65,000, this ultrabook seems to be a good deal going by the looks, but we'll reserve judgment till we get our hands on one.
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”