Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
11:08 31st Aug, 2012
iPhone 5 (Clone) Announced By Chinese Manufacturer Goophone
Ironically, it's based on Android platform customised to look like iOS.
Factories in Shenzhen and Hong Kong are quick to manufacturer knock-offs of popular handsets, especially the iPhone. However, this time, they have gone one step further by unveiling a clone even before the launch of the original. Meet the Goophone I5, which is suppose to be an iPhone 5 clone. Ironically, it runs on Google's Android OS heavily customised to resemble iOS.
The device seems poised to hit the Chinese market very soon. However, its official website hasn't provided ay information about its specs. Attention to detail is evident as the clone features a two tone back panel design, which has been rumoured for the upcoming iPhone.
As you already know, Apple has beaten Samsung in a court battle over the design patents. However, the folks at Goophone don't seem worried at all, and are currently selling a knock-off of the iPhone 4S on their website. What's more, the communist-themed banner on www.goophone.hk looks as if it's mocking American capitalism.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones