18:22 17th Aug, 2012
Anonymous Takes Down Samajwadi Party's Website For Demanding Ban On Social Networking
Group's India arm hacks into the site after its MP called for a ban on social networking sites in the Rajya Sabha today.
After a brief lull in operations, internet hacker group Anonymous is back in action. The internet vigilante has taken down the Samajwadi Party's website in retaliation for the latter's stand in Parliament against social networking. After the initial downtime,the site was briefly available for a while after crashing again, and as of this writing, continues to be unavailable.
Earlier in the day, while condemning rumours that created panic among eastern-origin people and made them flee from several cities, Rajya Sabha SP leader Ramgopal Yadav called for a ban on all social websites, stating that they were being used to spread misleading statements.
Meanwhile, the government has also imposed a 15-day blackout on bulk SMSes in a bid to prevent further rumours from spreading. However, considering that both these means of communication are extremely popular with the youth of the country, the government should consider using Facebook and Twitter to counter these hoaxes, rather than following the philosophy of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance