Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
13:42 10th Oct, 2016
AT&T And T-Mobile Halt The Sales Of Samsung's Galaxy Note 7
The existing users are advised to opt for some other handset or a refund.
With a number of "safe" units catching fire on the rise, US network carriers AT&T and T-Mobile have officially stopped selling Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 handsets. This shouldn't come as a surprise as just a few days ago, a replacement Note 7 unit burst into flames on a Southwest Airlines flight. In another incident, a man was hospitalised after his Galaxy Note 7 device caught fire and filled the room with smoke.
While Samsung is still "investing" the safety issues in its latest flagship phone, the biggest network in the US has made a following statement: "Based on recent reports, we're no longer exchanging new Note7s at this time, pending further investigation of these reported incidents. We still encourage customers with a recalled Note7 to visit an AT&T location to exchange that device for another Samsung smartphone or other smartphone of their choice".
T-Mobile too have put up a similar press release on its website: "While Samsung investigates multiple reports of issues, T-Mobile is temporarily suspending all sales of the new Note7 and exchanges for replacement Note7 devices. Customers can still bring their recalled Note7 or the new replacement Note7, along with accessories they purchased from T-Mobile, to a T-Mobile store for a full refund and choose from any device in T-Mobile’s inventory. We’ll waive any restocking charges, and customers who purchased during pre-order can keep the free Netflix subscription and Gear Fit or SD card they received".
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 users in the US are now left with the option of getting a full refund or replace it with another handset such as the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones